We hear questions like this often: Are your products safe for my child? Can I use these while pregnant? Whether your baby is growing inside or outside of you, the answer is YES, they are!
We understand as parents, a simple yes doesn't quite ease the mind. With the countless amount of questionable ingredients in items on the shelves, avoiding products that may harm you or your child means jumping through hoops. The hours spent scrutinizing the mystery words on labels, the constant research...this study proves that study is wrong. Trust this source, not that one. Does it ever end?
Here at Cannabombz, we make it simple. Take our pain salve for example: 2,500mg of full-spectrum CBD, organic white beeswax, and organic essential oil. That's it! But wait, is CBD safe? What do we know? Where's the research? Why use it?
Let's talk facts.
- CBD is federally legal in all 50 states (as long as it contains under 0.3% of THC, which ours does). Yay!
- Your body has something called an endocannabinoid system- a system which, according to Healthline, is there and active whether you use cannabis or not. We recommend giving this article a read to gain a full understanding.
- The big one: CBD does not make you high, nor will it make your child high. We promise!
- The other big one: it will NOT show up on a drug test.
The endocannabinoid system in everyone's body has receptors—CB1 and CB2 receptors. So, CBD quite literally works with your body to bring the pain-relieving, relaxing, and anxiety-reducing effects we know and love. Pretty great, no? We totally agree. The next question to tackle: Any side effects?
This article from the medical journal Cannabis and cannabinoid research reviewing the safety and side effects of CBD found the side effects of CBD to be minimal when compared to traditional drug side effects. It's important to note that the side effects found were from ingesting CBD- not applying it topically.
Applying CBD topically works with the endocannabinoid system just like ingesting it does, but is absorbed directly through the receptors in the skin. The only other side effect listed in the study is tiredness, which can be quite useful for energetic kids who love to stay up or individuals suffering from anxiety.
From the facts to the studies, assumptions, and theories, CBD is considered safe in the medical and scientific communities by most experts as long as you're getting the products from a reliable source, like us! Now how can our topicals benefit your child or your pregnant self? Here are a few ways:
- Whether your young one struggles with anxiety or your pregnancy jitters won't quit, a long CBD soak or application of our anti-anxiety roll on can help ease those uncomfortable physical feelings, which can lead to mental calmness.
- Especially for kids, pregnant women, or mamas, it's hard to shut that busy brain off at night! We have an insomnia roll on and our "Sweetest Dreams" bath bomb to help wind down and snuggle up for a long night of rest. We know they need it, and so do you!
- Kids are accident-prone, and growing a human life is no easy task! From pulled muscles and soreness to bruises and scrapes, the ibuprofen bottle is often the star of the medicine cabinet. Our pain relief salve is a great alternative for maximum relief right where it hurts, minus the long label of possible side effects.
- At some point, every child will experience a bug bite, sunburn, or other skin irritation. Topicals can help ease discomfort and start them on the path to healing! Just be sure to consult your doctor before trying it on any serious or unknown condition.
We hope this article broadened your understanding and gave you the knowledge needed to make an informed decision on using CBD topicals for both yourself and your child. Owner Lindsey Corum has personally benefited from using her products throughout pregnancy, and her children love them, too!
Questions or concerns? Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please keep in mind that we are not advertising our products to children. It's up to the parent or guardian to decide what is best for their kids. We are simply spreading knowledge and sharing what we know from our personal experience and extensive research*